Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.
Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don’t you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin’ in my own back yard.
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.
Posted on Tuesday, 27 December
Tagged as: Maya Angelou Poem Poetry Rise still I rise Alvin Ailey
- mrmcken reblogged this from b7even
- athousandswifts reblogged this from b7even
- nicestkidintown97 reblogged this from b7even
- delamona likes this
- persnikitty5 likes this
- adwatts likes this
- heartuntamed likes this
- evocative-eloquence likes this
- hoomanao likes this
- spilling-your-ink reblogged this from b7even
- honestwanderlustheart reblogged this from collegexbeauty
- motivicexpression reblogged this from b7even
- joshuarobertlong likes this
- spilling-your-ink likes this
- collegexbeauty reblogged this from b7even
- b7even posted this